- All of our gift packaging is plastic free
- Our wood boxes are made in the USA with FSC-certified, sustainably-harvested wood.
- Santa Barbara Company gift packaging and other packaging material are made with recycled post-consumer content whenever possible.
- Our gifts are hand-packed by our small team in downtown Santa Barbara with exclusively reclaimed or biodegradable packing material
- We reuse whenever we can - that includes all incoming packing material that is clean and sufficiently protective, such as bubble wrap, boxes, etc.
We use no toxic flower foam in our floral arrangements, instead using chicken wire to provide structure.
- Our flowers are 100 percent local for the majority of the year and most are sourced from growers using organic practices. Most of our deliveries come in buckets that we clean and return to the farmer without plastic. We do not use floral foam and are constantly innovating to reduce waste.
We are members of 1% for the Planet, meaning we commit to giving at least 1% of sales each year to nonprofits engaged in work around environmental advocacy, climate change, carbon neutrality, or environmental justice.